Work is having a chili cook-off and I am thinking about entering. Now I have never made chili so I do plan to find a recipe to try and maybe doctor it alittle bit. I want something more on the sweet/savory side than the 5 alarm fire side. I searched a couple of websites and found this one that seems interesting.
Slow Cooker Sweet Chicken Chili
* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, undrained
* 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
* 2 onions, cut into chunks
* 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
* 1 tablespoon Asian chili black bean sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in the kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, onions, green bell pepper, tomato paste, brown sugar, rice vinegar, chili black bean sauce, and sea salt. Stir to combine all ingredients, and set the cooker to High. Cook for 1 hour; stir again, and set the cooker to Low. Cook for 4 more hours.
2. Remove the chicken breasts, shred with 2 forks, and stir the shredded chicken back into the chili. Sprinkle the top of the chili with Cheddar cheese, and serve.
So anyone have any thoughts?